FAQ
Cover
This is the archive Discourse for the Processing (ALPHA) software.
Please visit the new Processing forum for current information.

Processing 1.0 _ALPHA_
   Suggestions
   Software Suggestions
(Moderator: fry)
   print source?
« Previous topic | Next topic »

Pages: 1 
   Author  Topic: print source?  (Read 386 times)
megamu

megamu+loves+you WWW
print source?
« on: Sep 29th, 2003, 5:28am »

I would like to see a File -> Print where I can print out the source code in all of its color (along with line numbers) including a header of the sketch name and current date.

I'm currently working in P5 a little for a school project and have to print the source out to show proof of work. Currently I've been copy/pasting the source over to EditPlus (as a java snippit) and printing it in limited highlighting.

Printing source right from the authoring environment would be very handy!

-Lee

elout

12747371274737 WWW
Re: print source?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 29th, 2003, 11:12am »

For the time being, you can make syntax highlightning in Editplus for pde files.

tools -> preferences -> Settings & syntax
You can start using the java example, and create a new pde file type, copy all the info from the java example.
Save a new pde.stx (from the Java.stx) And add all the words like from the Reference page. Although it takes a little work. to get everything highlighted perfectly.

benelek

35160983516098 WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: Oct 5th, 2003, 10:26am »

as a side-question to Ben, Casey or anyone else on the dev team - is there an editable .properties file containing the keyword lists for syntax highlighting in p5?

fry

« Reply #3 on: Oct 9th, 2003, 1:10am »

on Oct 5th, 2003, 10:26am, benelek wrote:
as a side-question to Ben, Casey or anyone else on the dev team - is there an editable .properties file containing the keyword lists for syntax highlighting in p5

not currently.. PdeTokenMarker is a class that has all the syntax highlighting stuff in it, and it's compiled in. perhaps should be auto-generated later, for sure.

if you're just looking for the names of keywords, you might be able to use pde_keywords.properties which is in the lib folder, which has the keyword -> reference web page mappings.  

clearly these are two things that should be unified, but it'd be a super low priority.

Pages: 1 

« Previous topic | Next topic »