FAQ
Cover
This is the archive Discourse for the Processing (ALPHA) software.
Please visit the new Processing forum for current information.

Processing 1.0 _ALPHA_
   Suggestions
   Software Suggestions
(Moderator: fry)
   Project Descriptions (Exporting)
« Previous topic | Next topic »

Pages: 1 
   Author  Topic: Project Descriptions (Exporting)  (Read 262 times)
kevin

Project Descriptions (Exporting)
« on: Sep 9th, 2003, 12:40pm »

It's be great if in the processing environment and/or language you could define a description of your project, which would then be exported to the HTML file when 'published'

It'd be very useful for styling your webpages, so you don't have to always modify them just to add a description.

Keywords would also be a nice addition.

Another advantage is that it'd make searching for processing examples very easy. e.g. if you wanted to find and example of something you could search for Built with processing and gravity

That'd be really exellent, and would help people learning it no end.

Jerronimo

Re: Project Descriptions (Exporting)
« Reply #1 on: Sep 9th, 2003, 3:02pm »

Also, a way to list key/mouse commands to have those pretty-formatted along with the description as well...

kevin

« Reply #2 on: Sep 9th, 2003, 4:18pm »

Well, if you had a description options, then you could put the instructions & keys in there.

Perhaps, you could even add some extra metainfo in it which added Dublin Core metadate.

see: http://www.dublincore.org

benelek

35160983516098 WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: Sep 10th, 2003, 5:05pm »

maybe we're all getting too lazy, and should just design our own web pages (speaking for myself, at the very least!). we are, after all, mostly web designers...

kevin

« Reply #4 on: Sep 12th, 2003, 2:56pm »

It's not a matter of being lazy. I reckon most people would build their own sites as you say.

But think of all the simple experiments that people just throw up on their sites in temporary directories etc.. that aren't fully published.

It's those little snippets of code that is what I'm thinking of really.

Pages: 1 

« Previous topic | Next topic »