FAQ
Cover
This is the archive Discourse for the Processing (ALPHA) software.
Please visit the new Processing forum for current information.

Processing 1.0 _ALPHA_
   Suggestions
   Software Suggestions
(Moderator: fry)
   Multi screenGrab()
« Previous topic | Next topic »

Pages: 1 
   Author  Topic: Multi screenGrab()  (Read 305 times)
skloopy

Multi screenGrab()
« on: Jun 11th, 2003, 1:12am »

Could you make it so we can specify a name for the screenGrab file? Maybe screenGrab("name");

I'm using p5 for a job right now where I have to render out multiple channels (RGB and alpha). It would be helpful for that kind of case, so I don't have to go selecting every other frame up to 300 or something.

thanks!

skloopy

Re: Multi screenGrab()
« Reply #1 on: Jun 11th, 2003, 1:16am »

Also, did you know that After Effects will not read the .tif files output by P5? I have to run them all through photoshop with a "do nothing" action that just creates a layer and deletes it. It might have something to do with the file header. The same thing happens on Mac or Windows..

Do you guys have the same problem?
« Last Edit: Jun 11th, 2003, 1:17am by skloopy »  
REAS

« Reply #2 on: Jun 11th, 2003, 4:00pm »

i wasn't aware of this problem. could you please mention this in bugs so that it finds its way through the proper bug reporting channels.

fry

« Reply #3 on: Jun 24th, 2003, 9:08pm »

wasn't aware of the .tif issue. what version of after effects / what platform? that's pretty bizarre. unfortunately, photoshop adds a ton of crap to the tif header, so who knows what else it's putting in there.. could you post a copy of a working and non-working .tif?

fry

« Reply #4 on: Jun 24th, 2003, 9:08pm »

i'll add screenGrab(filename) to 56. that's an easy/reasonable fix/request.

fry

« Reply #5 on: Jun 25th, 2003, 6:27pm »

i've added screenGrab(filename) for 0056.  

thanks for posting the tif image problem separately in the bugs area. for those interested:
http://proce55ing.net/discourse/yabb/board_Proce55ing_software__bugs_action_display_num_1055356824.html

Pages: 1 

« Previous topic | Next topic »