FAQ
Cover
This is the archive Discourse for the Processing (ALPHA) software.
Please visit the new Processing forum for current information.

Processing 1.0 _ALPHA_
   Suggestions
   Software Suggestions
(Moderator: fry)
   line numbers + split screen
« Previous topic | Next topic »

Pages: 1 
   Author  Topic: line numbers + split screen  (Read 378 times)
pollux

WWW Email
line numbers + split screen
« on: Apr 25th, 2003, 10:11pm »

ok, i already said it:

1. line numbering: (it makes it easier to look all the way down for that class you already forgot where to find)

2. split screen: long time ago, most of the commercial software had it, i still wonder why it dissapeared. i mean a bar that lets you split the screen so you can see different sectors of it at once (big help on organising, copying/pasting, reusing code, checking, you got it)

would it help if i ask you "please"? (hehe)

pollux | www.frwrd.net
benelek

35160983516098 WWW Email
Re: line numbers + split screen
« Reply #1 on: Apr 28th, 2003, 4:39am »

on Apr 25th, 2003, 10:11pm, pollux wrote:

1. line numbering: (it makes it easier to look all the way down for that class you already forgot where to find)

ive been putting a line of comment to make it easier to find those classes, a bit like a title block for each new section

but what i WOULD love, is the ability to make quick access points. a bit like Internet Explorer's "links" toolbar. so i could get to a point in my code with a single click (helpful in long sketches)!

fry

Re: line numbers + split screen
« Reply #2 on: May 1st, 2003, 4:47am »

i've noted these along with the other editor feature things we'd like. for 1.0, we'll probably try to just cover the basics with the internal editor but also improve integration to other editors for fancier features like split-screen and warping to functions.

in the future we may try to swallow jedit as the internal editor (with lots of features removed or hidden so as not to frighten users), but that will probably be post-1.0 unless there's a mutiny.

Pages: 1 

« Previous topic | Next topic »