FAQ
Cover
This is the archive Discourse for the Processing (ALPHA) software.
Please visit the new Processing forum for current information.

Processing 1.0 _ALPHA_
   Suggestions
   Software Suggestions
(Moderator: fry)
   Environment
« Previous topic | Next topic »

Pages: 1 2 
   Author  Topic: Environment  (Read 1131 times)
Martin

122417302122417302martingomez_listsmg1ph WWW Email
Re: Environment
« Reply #15 on: Jan 16th, 2003, 6:49pm »

was wondering if the reference section can be in the menu bar? (i.e. file edit sketch 'help') ... i dunno. and maybe dump links to java documentation/tutorial, etc?

mawend

Email
« Reply #16 on: Jan 24th, 2003, 9:14am »

Another feature of sketchbook that would be useful (and let me know if this has already been discussed elsewhere): single-stepping through code for debugging.

Planned?

fry

« Reply #17 on: Jan 24th, 2003, 2:55pm »

easier access to reference would be nice, you're right.. we've also been throwing around the idea of being able to select a keyword in a program (or shift-click or whatever) and have it open up the reference for that word. we think this would be helpful especially for beginners as they're trying to figure out how the examples work.

re: single stepping for code.. we'd certainly love to do it. i think someone mentioned it elsewhere though i doubt we gave a definitive answer. it needs to be in there, though i don't know if it'll make it for 1.0 or if that'll be a 1.1 or 1.5 type thing. though as is the case with any feature, if people really feel it's a high priority, we can always adjust our list.

pollux

WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: Apr 25th, 2003, 10:27pm »

on Aug 4th, 2002, 12:24pm, adrien wrote:

---
6. UI ideas:

6a. move the "save" dialog box thingum to the upper area (around where the current file name is shown.)

- move the open/save/export/new buttons to this area as well.

i would really cherish the save dialog on top. there's something on having it on the bottom that is counter-intuitive. (for me at least)

hey, one more.. what about a saving dialog that comes out of the top bar, semi-transparent, with cute sounds and aqua-styled buttons, and eases out and in (hehe, just kidding..)

pollux | www.frwrd.net
fry

« Reply #19 on: May 1st, 2003, 4:55am »

on Apr 25th, 2003, 10:27pm, pollux wrote:

i would really cherish the save dialog on top. there's something on having it on the bottom that is counter-intuitive. (for me at least)

anyone else care to vote for or against this

on Apr 25th, 2003, 10:27pm, pollux wrote:
hey, one more.. what about a saving dialog that comes out of the top bar, semi-transparent, with cute sounds and aqua-styled buttons, and eases out and in (hehe, just kidding..)

blargh.

you'll have to wait for Macromedia Processing GFX MX 9.0 Pro for that one, which is about 11 years from now, by which point steve jobs' gang will have thought of a more annoying way to do the scrolly windows.

Pages: 1 2 

« Previous topic | Next topic »