FAQ
Cover
This is the archive Discourse for the Processing (ALPHA) software.
Please visit the new Processing forum for current information.

Processing 1.0 _ALPHA_
   Teaching
   Course Blueprints
(Moderators: pitaru, REAS)
   Programming with Processing & Computer Technology
« Previous topic | Next topic »

Pages: 1 
   Author  Topic: Programming with Processing & Computer Technology  (Read 1660 times)
baffo

Programming with Processing & Computer Technology
« on: Dec 21st, 2003, 7:29pm »

Hello people,

I have finished teaching a course that was about a general introduction to computing for designers, including an introduction to programming.  

You are invited to scrutinize, criticize and use the material that lives at

http://zope.interaction-ivrea.it/inflatedego/TeachingComputers

The classes are meant for three-hour presentations (scratch that; **dense** three-hour presentations); the first part is usually a general introduction to some technology topic, while the second centers on Processing.  

Many thanks to Casey and Ben (obviously), to Hernando Barragan for smiling corrections and appropriate suggestions, and to the class of 2003 at Interaction Ivrea for their tolerance.

-- art is not where you think you're going to find it
REAS

Re: Programming with Processing & Computer Technol
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20th, 2004, 9:09am »

I think these lessons present excellent and essential information. The majority of the work created with Processing is focuses on technical skill and the design field, but there is a larger domain. These pages present the concepts of processing within the larger historical, technical, and social space of computing.

pitaru

WWW Email
Re: Programming with Processing & Computer Technol
« Reply #2 on: Jan 20th, 2004, 4:05pm »

I second Casey's post, and will start sending my students to your wonderfully structured information.

Thanks for Sharing!
-amit

Pages: 1 

« Previous topic | Next topic »