FAQ
Cover
This is the archive Discourse for the Processing (ALPHA) software.
Please visit the new Processing forum for current information.

Processing 1.0 _ALPHA_
   Topics & Contributions
   Simulation, Artificial Life
(Moderator: REAS)
   My Research Ideas (To be revised)
« Previous topic | Next topic »

Pages: 1 
   Author  Topic: My Research Ideas (To be revised)  (Read 1466 times)
mikky_m

My Research Ideas (To be revised)
« on: Oct 6th, 2004, 10:25pm »

Research Project

Possible routes:

1- Complex Cellular Automata's inc. visualisations by P55:

Cellular Automata's were largely addressed in 70-80's. Since little progress was made. I found no papers/books on simulation using modern languages and environments.

To Be Done If This Route Chosen: Instead of trying to have intelligent cells emerging from simple Cellular Automata’s it would probably be more efficient to start from a rather complex (even if identical) cells and transitional rules. Thus individual cells will already be capable of doing something that we consider intelligent in their local neighbourhood in the CA grid. In such a case it would be very important that Cellular Automata’s connectivity geometry and topology would match the physical, chemical and biological target system that is being controlled. Respectively each cell would have its own autonomous sphere of influence but at the same time the cells would communicate their states to each other and respond as an intelligent collective.

KEYWORDS: Artificial Life, Adaptive Systems, Computational Complexity, Design and Configuration, Rule Learning, and etc.

2- Simulation and Modelling of Artificial Life using P55:

Processing is a completely new language and environment. There are no papers or books published on the subject of Processing.

To Be Done If This Route Chosen: Topic to be a mixture of Artificial Life philosophy and design. We could use Processing as a tool to open up new design, simulative and modelling capabilities in Artificial Life field. As one of the goals of research, we can consider attraction of new users (e.g. researchers, programmers, scientists, designers) to the open source project of Processing.  

KEYWORDS: Artificial Life, Art, Design and Configuration, Lifelike Characters, Model Based Reasoning and etc.    

Pages: 1 

« Previous topic | Next topic »