FAQ
Cover
This is the archive Discourse for the Processing (ALPHA) software.
Please visit the new Processing forum for current information.

Processing 1.0 _ALPHA_
   Topics & Contributions
   Simulation, Artificial Life
(Moderator: REAS)
   Why Processing? Advantages, Technology?
« Previous topic | Next topic »

Pages: 1 
   Author  Topic: Why Processing? Advantages, Technology?  (Read 1731 times)
mikky_m

Why Processing? Advantages, Technology?
« on: Oct 5th, 2004, 12:45pm »

Thanks a lot again for your replies to my previous post. Your links and ideas were very helpfull. Now I got another question about Processing as someone new to it. That is I was hoping maybe someone would be kind enough to pin point advantages of Processing when it comes to modelling and simulation. Lets say there are number of books on the same topic using Mathematica as a environment/lang to model AL. So why choose Processing? What is so special about when it comes to simulation? EG. Motion, Response etc. Libraries, Engines used. Thanks a lot in Advance.

TomC

Re: Why Processing? Advantages, Technology?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 5th, 2004, 1:54pm »

Probably best take this over to the post you made at General Discussion.  

http://processing.org/discourse/yabb/board_general_action_displ_ay_num_1096972995.html

Please don't cross-post, for those of us that obsessively read the board it just wastes time

mikky_m

Re: Why Processing? Advantages, Technology?
« Reply #2 on: Oct 6th, 2004, 1:39pm »

I will post my ideas later on today, as I finally managed to put them together in , lets say, more understandable fashion. I also have a meeting tomorrow with some of my colleagues, to further discuss the course of action we are to undertake. Thanks a lot of your help once again.

Mike

Pages: 1 

« Previous topic | Next topic »