FAQ
Cover
This is the archive Discourse for the Processing (ALPHA) software.
Please visit the new Processing forum for current information.

Processing 1.0 _ALPHA_
   Topics & Contributions
   Information Visualization
(Moderators: forkinsocket, REAS)
   Spirograph
« Previous topic | Next topic »

Pages: 1 
   Author  Topic: Spirograph  (Read 1213 times)
joey

Spirograph
« on: Apr 30th, 2003, 12:01am »

Wrote one to make Spirographs, there's plenty of discussion on the embedding page with links to the applet source code.

http://www.cowfarm.org/~jcarr/code/spirograph/index.html
« Last Edit: Apr 30th, 2003, 12:01am by joey »  
Brian

WWW Email
Re: Spirograph
« Reply #1 on: Apr 30th, 2003, 4:35am »

Great job Joey,

I have also recently made a spirograph and posted it the other day, Spirograph.

In relation to what you said in the description: "The applet draws a line between each sample point, and when the sample points are not close enough together you get jagged lines instead of smooth curves."

I believe it is because of the equation that you used. I had the same problem and then I did some research and found that this equation, (R+r)*cos(t)-O*cos(((R+r)*t)/r), made more point to point curves by the iterations.

Brian Benzinger
joey

« Reply #2 on: May 1st, 2003, 5:00pm »

Thanks for the comments!  I really like your site.  Your base lander game has cemented my inspiration to write a Space Invaders clone in Proce55ing.

pollux

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: May 1st, 2003, 8:27pm »

joey,  

when i try to see your applet, it starts downloading java on my machine, which already has JRE 1.4.1_02.

is it 'cause of the <object><embed> tags? is it happening to somebody else? also, my OS locale is spanish, could it be the reason?

i wonder of the differences of embeding an applet with <applet> or the <object><embed> tags.

pollux | www.frwrd.net
Pages: 1 

« Previous topic | Next topic »