Processing and plc Siemens on industrial ethernet

It's possible use processing with plc Siemens s-300 for read/write DB block? If yes how? On industrial Ethernet using cp-343 Advance? Thanks

Tagged:

Answers

• @denysmomo -- do you mean an S7-300?

Please be much more specific about what you are trying to do. You cannot run Processing on a PLC. What are the specific ways you communicate with it over the network using the cp343? Processing has network libraries, and can do message passing using OSC etc. Check available libraries under network, hardware, and I/O:

Here is a recent discussion of FTP access to a PLC:

• edited May 2017

Yes S7-300 (S7-319F) I run processing on windows and I want read the I/O, marker and DB block from plc using Ethernet. Example I have a plc connected to industrial Ethernet and pc is connected to, I want read the input from plc ex. E0.0 and when project on processing go run I want see on a rect if my io is "1" the rect is green if "0" is red, the problem is I don't have some function ex. readPlc(ip_address, input, index, length); I can not find the tcp-ip protocol for tell to plc "please plc tell me a int of input from index 3" [E3.0 E3.1 ...... E 4.6 E4.7] = [0. 1. ....... 0. 1] Inside a int Int dataFromPlc = 0B01.......10

• If you can use TCP java libraries to interact with your PLC, then you can use it in Processing. This is only possible if you have full documentation of the data package that the unit receives and sends.

Kf

• I find one library for arduino, I test which us and it's work, now I need to change it for work on processing.. I don't have doc and I think its impossible find Siemens doc because it's not open source :( arduino lib work on profinet but I don't know on industrial eth. I don't have access for a leave ip on industrial Ethernet, I can use only pc so...

• edited May 2017

Siemens provides a lot of FB/FC (PLC side), Simatic NET software (PC side) and a huge excellent documentation about their use, but no internal protocol specifications. I found the library, but in c ++, how i can use this library settimino @jeremydouglass @kfrajer

• I found the library, but in c ++, how i can use this library settimino

• I find one library for arduino, I test which us and it's work, now I need to change it for work on processing..

What do you mean it worked? What was the role of the arduino in that operation? What do you mean it worked?

If the library is written in c++, then you need a c++ compiler. You can try Visual Studio if you are in Windows.

Why do you want to use Processing? They describe the protocol in the above link. I think you could write your own library to process the data based on that information. In other words, re-write your c++ to Java manually.

Kf