edited May 2017 in Using Processing

ls

core java lib modes processing processing-java revisions.txt tools

srn@srn-Inspiron-1545:~/processing-3.3.3$ ./processing-java

./processing-java: 107: ./processing-java: java: not found

srn@srn-Inspiron-1545:~/processing-3.3.3$ ls

core java lib modes processing processing-java revisions.txt tools

srn@srn-Inspiron-1545:~/processing-3.3.3$ ./processing

srn@srn-Inspiron-1545:~/processing-3.3.3$ ./processing: 118: ./processing: java: not found

Tagged:

Answers

• You don't install it. You just need to execute the executable file. What OS are you using?

Kf

• I'm not sure how legible this post is to advanced users but I have made it to the point of installation where I type "ls" and see that indeed I am inside the processing-3.3.3 folder with Green "Processing" file indicated. when I try to then run the program, "./processing" I am returned with " ./processing: 118: ./processing: java: not found"

• ubuntu 14.04

• Answer ✓

Not sure if this will work in ubuntu. Try typing java -version. What do you get? Try installing java if you don't have it: http://www.wikihow.com/Install-Oracle-Java-on-Ubuntu-Linux

Kf

• The program 'java' can be found in the following packages: * default-jre * gcj-4.8-jre-headless * openjdk-7-jre-headless * gcj-4.6-jre-headless * openjdk-6-jre-headless Try: sudo apt-get install

• Thank you I'll see if I can follow this.

• edited May 2017

I could only make it to step 5 before receiving this error:

srn@srn-Inspiron-1545:~/Downloads$ sudo cp -r jdk-8u20-linux-x64.tar.gz /usr/local/java/

cp: cannot stat ‘jdk-8u20-linux-x64.tar.gz’: No such file or directory

• Author has raised another question for this second error (why?) and that one's answered.

Are you still having problems?

(Typically you don't need to install a standalone Java, the download contains a runable version)

• edited May 2017

Hope he hadn't chosen the folder where Processing is installed as his sketchbook's path. :-SS