Mouse functions in a multi-touch screen (not a SMT question) and an SMT question

Hi I am developing a set of programs in multi-touch.

My first problem now has to do with the fact that when I use my multi-touch screen instead of a mouse, the user has to press any draggable image for 1 second and then he/she will be able to move it around the screen. Am I missing anything here regarding the mouse functions that I use? Or is it a setting related to the multi-touch screen?

Second problem, is that I have to convert this app into multi-touch. I have read the tutorials of the SMT library and I think that I can convert the code into multi-touch (will follow something like the PhotoAppPhysics demo). Is there any piece of advice you can give me about the convertion? Many thanks! My demo code (I use version 2.2.1)

Tagged:

Answers

• Please edit your post, select your code and hit ctrl+o to format your code. Make sure there is an empty line above and below your code.

Kf

• edited May 2017

Thank tou kfrajer, I just did that

• Anyone please?

• @led76 -- this sounds like it might be a hardware-dependent issue, and you haven't even told us what the hardware is. Once you do, if somebody else has a similar device they might be able to help you.

when I use my multi-touch screen instead of a mouse, the user has to press any draggable image for 1 second and then he/she will be able to move it around the screen.

If I understand your first problem correctly, on your touchscreen device, mouseDragged takes one second to register on a touch.

The mouseDragged() function is called once every time the mouse moves while a mouse button is pressed. (If a button is not being pressed, mouseMoved() is called instead.) https://processing.org/reference/mouseDragged_.html

So if you swipe, that code doesn't fire, if you press and wait and then drag it does fire. This has everything to do with whether your touch surface settings are claiming that a mousePressed event was generated. If you don't care about that (any swipe should move an image) then you either need to generate the mousePressed yourself whenever a mouseEvent happens, or you need to put your code in mouseMoved, or your need to change your touch device settings. But this is all guessing....

• edited May 2017

Thank you, jeremydouglass. Specs of the device can be found below https://support.elotouch.com/Discontinued/Classic/ids/4201L/default.asp All runs in an Windows 7, i7 laptop. I will check the specs of the laptop as well and edit this post in a few hours.

I will try to have a look at the settings (time it takes to register mousepressed interaction if there is any similar setting), but it is pretty weird: I can easily "click"/touch on a button on the screen without a problem. If anyone has an idea were to find such settings please help.

So as you suggest:

If I understand your first problem correctly, on your touchscreen device, mouseDragged takes one second to register on a touch.

Yes the problem is exactly that. I will change the code and use mouseMoved instead and give you an update today. Many thanks