Using P3D or P2D yelds an error in JVM initialization.

Hello,

1, Setup: Ubuntu 16.04 32bit Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) Processor LE-1640 RAM: 2GB Graphics: Gallium 0.4 on NV96

Damn i hadn't noticed that this is such a weak PC.

2, Code yelding the issue.

void setup(){ fullScreen(P3D); background(0); } void draw(){ }

3, Behavior. It works correctly a few times after Bootup. (2-3) Then it gives back this error to console every time. "Nativewindow X11 IOError: Display 0x98591f0 (:0): Resource temporarily unavailable" And the script won't execute. It also throws "Could not run the sketch (Target VM failed to initialize). For more information, read revisions.txt and Help → Troubleshooting." And some internal classes where the Nativewindow method is used.

4, When it started happening. Just before i started getting the issue, there was a software update of ubuntu and I suspect it may have broken something with OpenGL rendering used in P3D, P2D.

EDIT: 5, I checked a game written in different Java compiler, also using OpenGL. And it worked, so it's processing only issue, And I compiled the above code to see if it still throws and it does..

Answers

• Perhaps. Maybe the weakness of the system is to blame. Try restoring to the previous Ubuntu version.

• Perhaps. Maybe the weakness of the system is to blame. Try restoring to the previous Ubuntu version.

• The problem being there is no simple restore for ubuntu. You have to find out what packages were updated and find pervious versions of them manually. I would really like to avoid that.

• Answer ✓

This error have been observed before and not exactly processing related:

https://www.google.ca/?gws_rd=ssl#q=Ubuntu+Nativewindow+X11+IOError:+Display&spf=387

It could be Processing but based on your post, it is probably due to your SW update. There was a similar issue with NVidia cards few months ago. As more people reported the issue, then Processing developers took note of it. Hopefully it happens in your case. I will suggest keep checking on google in case there are more Ubuntu cases reported and associated to OpenGL resources.

Kf

• I reinstalled the system to various versions to seek testing results. It was a faulty ubuntu driver for my card. Surprisingly the official NVIDIA driver for my card doesn't support OpenGL all together.

• Weird thing that other OpenGL apps work with the faulty drive version.

• Swapped the card for one that does support OpenGL 2.1. Changed the os noveau driver to the proprietary driver. And this error happens only when the code is closed and re-run too quickly.