How do I install the OpenKinect library on Windows?

edited January 2017 in Kinect

I'm really struggling to figure out how to install Daniel Shiffman's OpenKinect library. I have installed the library itself through Processing (3), and have updated the drivers for the kinect to libusbK as instructed on the github page. Is there anything else I need to do, or is there something else wrong? When I run an example code, I get this error:

A library relies on native code that's not available. Or only works properly when the sketch is run as a 64-bit application.

Can anybody help? I'm finding the instructions online all a bit confusing, and in Shiffman's video tutorial he doesn't mention anything other than downloading the library through the Processing software?

(I have a v1 Kinect)

Tagged:

Answers

• edited February 2017

Hi, I am also currently trying to figure this out. If I do I will keep you updated!

edit:

Which version of Windows are you using? So far, I have installed all of the libusbk drivers for kinect on Windows 10, and tried the first sample code from shiffman's video. The output displayed the depth image but it was really buggy and didn't work right, and the console repeatedly printed the error "Isochronous transfer error: 1". I changed the code to show just the regular RGB video and it worked fine, but still giving me the error in the console..