Serial communication between Android and PC?

edited January 2017 in Android Mode

Didn't want to ask this because there is a lot of stuff out there on this topic, but I just can't seem to get it working. The main tutorial I've followed can be found here.

I've installed AndroidSerial, exported my project as a signed package, added the device filter lines in AndroidManifest.xml, created the xml directory in the res directory, and copied device_filter.xml into it, but when I try to build it it throws "Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'resource' with value '@xml/device_filter')."

I just want to send readable data from my phone to the PC, it doesn't seem like it should be this complicated especially considering it already has built-in console debugging with print()... Any ideas?

Tagged:

Answers

• Can you provide the version of your hardware and software? Processing, Arduino, Android, OS.

You are working with the Manifest.xml file, right? You wrote AndroidManifest.xml

What do you mean with:

especially considering it already has built-in console debugging with print()

Kf

• edited January 2017

@CK_KoopaTroopa===

before compiling p5 does not know what is res folder; it seems to know only about data && somewhat with assets; so your .xml does not exist and you get this error: i have got the same (trying to add layout or .xml) and never found the way to solve it, except to export the whole project in as or eclipse.