Build warning in Eclipse

Since linking to the core.jar for 3.2.1 I have been getting these warnings when building my libraries (On OSX)). Any ideas?

[javac] warning: /Users/peter/Documents/e-workspaces/processing/lib3/core.jar(processing/core/PApplet.class): major version 52 is newer than 51, the highest major version supported by this compiler.
[javac]   It is recommended that the compiler be upgraded.
[javac] warning: /Users/peter/Documents/e-workspaces/processing/lib3/core.jar(processing/core/PConstants.class): major version 52 is newer than 51, the highest major version supported by this compiler.
[javac]   It is recommended that the compiler be upgraded.

Comments

• edited September 2016

major version 52 is newer than 51, the highest major version supported by this compiler.

I believe we might interpret that warning as those 2 classes were compiled using a Java version more up-to-date than the 1 distributed by the PDE? :-/

• I didn't display all the warnings, they covered every Processing class used by the library.

I am using the jars in the 3.2.1 distribution in the build path and the ant-build.

• Why don't you use your more up-to-date system-installed JDK instead? L-)

• edited September 2016

I am - OS X installs the full JDK by default when updating Java.

• What does java -version say, out of interest?

I understand that you might not have a lot of choice in the matter of version. Linux is the same in that there will be a particular version in the repo, but we can side-load things. I probably have 7 different jdk and jres installed.

• (That said, the version in the PATH and the version on eclipse might be two different things)