How to compile a library from source

I recently upgraded to the new version of processing version 3 and the control p5 library no longer works. On the author's site there is a link to the old version but apparently there is a new version that works with processing 3 but is only available through github as a source code. I also tried contacting the author but the email address bounces back. I am not very familiar with java or how to compile it to be usable in processing. I followed several tutorials but the errors that eclipse throws are incomprehensible and not very helpful. Any help would be appreciated.

Answers

• Is there a readme file that tells you?

I think they mainly use ant to build. If there's a build.xml file in the base directory then it uses ant to build. Just run ant in that base directory.

This assumes you have Java SDK and ant installed...

Link to the library would be useful. And operating system details. And the version of processing you're using.

• edited September 2016

hey koogs, yeah, i installed the java sdk and i think ant came with it as a package.

here is the link to the source https://github.com/sojamo/controlp5

yes, there is a build.xml which is what i was trying to use to compile but i am getting weird errors, maybe i'm missing something.

Using windows 7x64 processing 3.0.2

• but i am getting weird errors

It would help to know what these errors are.

• Hi, have you checked if the latest release from the library's github page works for you?

• Hey, that's what I was looking for. I just couldn't find it on github. Also, thanks for writing a great library.