why am i getting this msg for ? (No library found for g4p_controls)

JaiJai
edited December 2015 in Library Questions

ture

Answers

• Can't read the message

• ture

this is the only thing i have inside the library for ai for 2d games

• everything is where it should be and the thing is that this sketches use to work for me just fine

• What about the other folders i.e. examples, src , reference?

• edited December 2015

When installing P3, make absolute sure to configure it to use a "sketchbook" path different from the old versions! Lest you're gonna mess up both versions!!! b-(

• the issue here is with p2 not 3 altho i try to run the sketch with p3 and i still got the same issue

• please stop posting pictures of tiny text - they are unreadable.

• sorry to hear that your resolution or your sight is poor but this look fine on my end, i cant be uploading my point in all variations for those who im not aware of? perhaps you wanna zoom in ? or click on the pic ?

• @koogs for your pleasure

No library found for g4p_controls
    No library found for g4p_controls
    Libraries must be installed in a folder named 'libraries' inside the 'sketchbook' folder.
    Libraries must be installed in a folder named 'libraries' inside the 'sketchbook' folder.

• JaiJai
    edited December 2015

should i take this issues to the github issues page ? i dont think im going to get the resolution in here as this might be a bug issue and not a user made problem

• OK so you managed to copy and paste the message into this forum, pity you didn't do that first time. The original discussion title and the picture did not clearly explain the problem.

The examples that come with the AI for 2D Games library use the G4P library. Make sure you have installed it.

The comment by GoToLoop is extremely valid. Many of the problems posted recently on the forum are related to people using libraries incompatible with their version of Processing.

• nothing to you quark but this is so stupid! how are the developer are going to release a new ver which does not include everything we work hard to learn only to be useless in the newer versions ? i mean p2 has some really bad ass stuff that you can even use in p3 like ,.......wtf? personally i like to make use of video libraries and opencv good in p2 now p3 comes out and lack opencv but adds the mic input to p3 library which is something that p2 lack to my knowledge this is why everyone might be having this issue if you have all the libraries from p2 added to p3 processing as a whole would be the best!

going back to the issue at hand i when ahead and added the G4P and problem solved WHY da hell cant java just say DUDE DOWNLOAD THIS G4P and your golden!!! ? rather then saying all tht shit that is just garbage to those who are new to debugging ? i mean by far this debugging is better then arduinos ide which is like 10 times worse and im actually pretty good at reading c++ and i still cant understand this dubug console on th ide thanks tho quark and sorry for the posting a pic is just that i have my pc hooked to hdmi on a 40in tv so everything is huge for me

• Not many people are using 40" displays. I am posting this on my 10" tablet.

WHY da hell cant java just say DUDE DOWNLOAD THIS G4P and your golden!!!

It is much easier to find the problem than suggest the solution. In this case it knows it can't find g4p_controls but it does not know that it is part of the G4P library so it can't tell you to install it.

• edited December 2015

My golden rule is: stick a lil' longer w/ previous stable version. In this case v2.2.1 (or v3.0a5).
    Processing 3 haven't brought anything important (except the still buggy FX2D renderer).
    By removing its dependency of Java's Applet, it had to implement everything it had for granted.
    And it means lotsa bugs for a while! Gonna take a while till P3 reaches a reasonable maturity.
    Only then I think the transition efforts gonna pay! :-bd

• i feel you Loop this is true im just gonna stick with ps2 but hey, quark i fully understand your reply thanks for your input