Issue installing processing-sound library

I am new to Processing and I have some issues installing the processing-sound library. I installed the oscP5 libary here and it works fine: C:\Users\51syvjan\Documents\Processing\libraries\oscP5

However when downloading processing-sound-master zip from here: _https://github.com/processing/processing-sound and extracting it to: C:\Users\51syvjan\Documents\Processing\libraries\processing-sound it is not picked up by Processing. Any suggestions on what the issue can be?

Tagged:

Answers

• edited December 2015
    • I hope C:\Users\51syvjan\Documents\Processing\ isn't the path you have installed Processing itself!
    • We should leave that place alone! Instead we select another path for our own files.
    • Hit CTRL+COMMA and choose the path for your "Sketchbook" there.
    • In order to install additional libraries, we access the "Contribution Manager".
    • Go to Sketch -> Import Library -> Add Library...
    • All libraries are then saved into "Sketchbook/libraries" subfolder.
  • edited December 2015

I just found the "Add library" option and installed the library using this. Processing now finds the library but it still fails. The errormessage I get is below. I am running 64 bit indeed but I assume the library should work on both 32 and 64 bit or should I start using the 32 bit version of Processing?

A library relies on native code that's not available. Or only works properly when the sketch is run as a 32-bit application.

• We can have as many Processing versions as we want, including 32 & 64 bit versions.
    • The catch is we can have only 1 version running at once though.
    • I also suggest that you undo any libraries you had misplaced before.
  • Hi thanks for the advise. I have cleaned up the first libraries I installed. Is it correct to assume that the processing-sound library only works for 32 bit Processing?

• I get the same errormessage using Processing 32 bit..

• When troubleshooting, it's an understatement to list as much specs as you know.
    • For example you haven't told us which Processing version you're trying that out!
    • Just so you know that the new Sound library was made for P3 and doesn't work on older versions!
  • I tried using Processing 3.0.2.
    Sound library causes the same error, irrespective of whether I use 32-bit or 64-bit.
    Pls help.
    P.S. If there is no way of getting Processing Sound library to work, please recommend some other Java library compatible with Processing 3.0 with links.

• Sounds library was updated about a week ago so try updating it if you haven't recently.

• I updated Processing and the Sound library and tested the SinOsc example from processing.org. It failed with the error below:

_This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information. Could not run the sketch (Target VM failed to initialize). For more information, read revisions.txt and Help ? Troubleshooting. _

• Will update and check out those recommendations.
    Thanks!

• Minim is no longer supported (I think).
    So would be a help if someone could confirm that.

• Updated Sound library works(at least most of it).
    Thanks!
    White Noise still doesn't work - sound plays for about 3 seconds before turning off automatically.

• I found a new error/bug/??.
    This is what comes as error message :-
    Assertion failed: ((m_->valid == LIFE_MUTEX) && (m_->busy > 0)), file src/mutex.c, line 45 After this,
    Could not run the sketch (Target VM failed to initialize). Make sure that you haven't set the maximum available memory too high. For more information, read revisions.txt and Help ? Troubleshooting.
    and the sketch shuts down.
    This comes up a large number of times in any sketch i use envelopes, and sometimes even otherwise.
    Any idea what causes it and how to solve it is most welcome.
    NOTE: The second part of the message comes due to variety of other reasons also, so please don't bother explaining it.