deleted

edited December 2015 in General Discussion

Answers

• The majority of your images are being drawn at (0, height). Where in your sketch is that point? That's going to be the top left corner of your image. Now, where are the images being drawn...?

• edited November 2015

what do you mean 0,0 ? if you see in my draw they are all at 0,0

image(a, 0, height, 0, height / 2);
    image(b, 0, height, 0, height / 2);

and yes this is where everything when wrong when i try to start from the corner of the screen and it all go crazy

• edited December 2015

Screenshot (57)

• edited December 2015

see all that black space ? well the rest of the gif i would like to be surrounding this one gif

• Then you shouldn't draw them outside the sketch window! You're drawing their top left corner at the sketch's bottom left corner! Think about it.

Try drawing them all at (0,0) instead. And then move them to other positions. Like around your main image. So they are where you want them.

• Also don't draw them with widths of 0.

image(img, xPos, yPos);
    image(img, xPos, yPos, newWidth, newHeight);

• edited December 2015

what do you mean 0,0 ? if you see in my draw they are all at 0,0

image(a, 0, height, 0, height / 2);
    image(b, 0, height, 0, height / 2);

and yes this is where everything when wrong when i try to start from the corner of the screen and it all go crazy

• edited December 2015

wow im super lost, but what is this ? was i supposed to subtitude the black with my variables?

image(img, xPos, yPos);

you mean like this ?

image(a, x0, y0);
    image(b, x0, y0, newWidth, newHeight); im not even sure what to do here with ths code

• edited December 2015

i did this and the face is the only one popping and i did what you said "Also don't draw them with widths of 0"

image(a, 130, height, 0, height / 2);
    image(b, 120, height, 0, height / 2);
    image(c, 110, height, 0, height / 2);
    image(aa, 100, height, 0, height / 2);
    image(bb, 90, height, 0, height / 2);
    image(cc, 80, height, 0, height / 2);
    image(braingrowth, 70, height, 0, height / 2);
    image(cellRoute, 60, height, 0, height / 2);
    image(firering, 50, height, 0, height / 2);
    image(nervecell, 40, height, 0, height / 2);
    image(silo, 30, height, 0, height / 2);
    image(HMM, 20, height, 0, height / 2);  
    image(Face, 10, height / 2 - Face.height / 2);

• edited December 2015

@TfGuy44 i figured out what i was supposed to do

image(silo,0,0);

and you got me all confused cuz you was saying to use this as a example

image(img, xPos, yPos);

by me doing my line of code it allowed me to place all my gif's on the window so now i can see and start editing to place each gif how and where i want as in before i could not see it cuz my code was like this

image(silo, 0, width, 0, height / 2);

and i even before when i had it like this

image(silo, 0, width, 0, height);

thank you tho cuz even tho you did not told me what i should what i found out by accident/playing around you did assured me that what i need to mess with is in those lines of code.

• I was trying to get you to realize that the parameters you were using to image() made no sense. The first is the image. The next two are the position, xPos and yPos, that the image is drawn at. If you supply the fourth and fifth parameters, they are how big the image should be drawn.

• edited December 2015

@TfGuy44 lol should had said that, that sound better then what was said at first cuz when u first posted this code

i was like ummm ok so let me replace the x,y and new from both width,height lol. but look at what i got so far, tell me im finding it so hard to move the cam all the way to the right of the screen away from the other small windows?! Meet-0003

here is what i put but this dont seem like its "900x,900y"

opencv = new OpenCV(this, 900,900);

• edited December 2015

i just found out how to fix this but i cant delete this post so i just edit over the old post

This is frowned upon here. You've received help for your question and in return you leave the details here to help the next person with a similar problem. If you start deleting stuff then the threads make no sense and you look like you've something to hide.

I count 7 questions you've deleted.

• edited December 2015

@FrankOcean

i just found out how to fix this but i cant delete this post so i just edit over the old post

I think koogs is being too polite. What you are doing is selfish, you expect others give up their time to help you but then delete your question and your solution making all their effort useless to others.

In future if you have started a discussion and others have responded - DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING

BTW I have deleted your discussions that had no replies.

• Well actually i was not helped in any subjects i deleted, so i delete and there is NOTHING that im doing that has been done or that anyone else is doing, if this was the case i would of got a link to that post where someone already did it so that i can just learn from it but not you nor the other guy did such thing so this proves my point, and Koogs your math is wrong you counted what i deleted but most did not have any input from no one and some other deleted post i simply reposted just in a diff way of asking since no one actually but did looked at it and Quark seriously never in humankind has anyone listen to anyone using all caps nor listened when telling someone else what to do after all it is my profile correct? they are my questions/topics correct? i do have some applications that im putting together to make a living and other for open source NOW im not going to just leave vital details to topics i do not want to share, simple as that

theirs good programmers who lack imagination and theirs ppl who have imagination but lack programming skills, im simply one of these and you among other are the other group, if anyone had both then you be to busy to help anyone else and putting all this skills to good use by coming out with a real world practical application rather then spend time in here correcting other for what they do or what they are trying to accomplish, now im not here to argue start shit and this type of conversations are the main reason why i delete stuff so lets be adults lets be helpful and lets change our world.

• edited December 2015

... I'm not going to just leave vital details to topics i do not want to share, simple as that.

• This is a public knowledge bank forum for Processing and its flavors.
    • Deleting answered threads is the utmost lack of respect to those who kindly replied to ya!
    • Also to every1 else who would benefit from the questions & their attempt solutions.
    • If you didn't have the liberty to expose your code you shouldn't have asked for help in a public forum but in a paid 1!
    • Reading threads w/o questions is like seeing folks speaking to the wind.

https://forum.Processing.org/two/discussion/8042/processing-forum-rules-and-advices

Another annoyance: students ask for help for their homework, and in fear of being caught, delete their message.

This is totally lacking of respect for those having took time to answer you. And the answers can be useful to somebody searching the forum.

So the moderators always restore the deleted message. Just don't do it, it is useless and annoying. If you don't want your message to be seen, just don't ask it in a public forum!

• Quark was right, I was too polite...

This discussion has been closed.