Speech To Text Help

Hi, I'm currently trying to get some speech-to-text functionality into my program using this method, http://forum.processing.org/one/topic/speech-to-text.html.

My question is how do I get it to work exactly? After running the program, it gives me a url I put into google chrome but then it just keeps saying "A client joined" and the webpage says "No data received."

Also, if anyone knows of any other ways of getting speech-to-text into processing I'd really appreciate the information.

Thanks.

Answers

• @Guard:: difficult to answer because - what os? - what language? - STT supposes that you have chrome+connection and you have no control over the voices and process - as for me (osX, SL or Lion) i created a tts class using Process and sending it to the system via terminal commands: doing that i can control languages, voices, pitch, speed...

• Using windows 8 and tried it with 2.0 version of processing I believe which reminds me I should try it with other versions.

• edited March 2015

EDIT: When I use the html code given in the example that comes with the library, google chromes console says, "trying to open a websocket" then, "opened." After which it sends the word "Ping" to processing. Does this not mean it worked?

When I try to use the html code provided Florian for speech recognition, however, nothing happens. Is there something wrong with his html code?

• @Guard:: i just realize now that i am wrong with your request: you ask for stt and i answered stupidly for tts! So forget and excuse for the mistake. As for the stt lib from Shultz i am not sure that it works with p5 2X, though, having got a look to the source, it seems that it could work also; basically there is a minim audiorecorder, then connection and httprequest sending the recorded file to chrome and waiting the response like a string. Problem could be that the chrome url is hard encoded and perhaps it is not the same now, try to verify this point...

• @guard: as for me i have done stt 3 years ago using sphynx API with eclipse, this is a hint