using a simple shape made with Inkscape

edited August 2014 in Library Questions

I have tried to import a svg file made with Inkscape. In the svg there was only a circle. When compiling my sketch Ihave got an error saying that "Sorry, elliptical arc support for SVG files is not yet implemented (see issue 130 for updates)". I have googled the error but I have not been able to learn how to proceed.

I need svg files with round shapes. How can I proceed ?

Thanks for your help

Joan

Answers

• edited August 2014

The SVG implementation is quite primitive (although it has improved over the years) and partial (like this arc support). So some SVG files are badly supported or not at all.

A potential workaround you can try is to select the circles and transform them to paths. Perhaps Inkscape will transform them to Bézier curves, which are well supported.

I will try and see if I can find something.

• Phil,

thanks for your reply. Any alternative to Inkspace ?

• .... I mean to use other drawing primitives supported by Processing....

• Try the Geomerative library. It has SVG support that might be better.

• I have just tested Bezier curves in Inkscape, and, yes, they can be read by Processing.... I will try to do what I want to do with Bezier lines.

Thanks for the information !

Joan

• Just checked: if you select a circle and choose Object > Object to Path, it converts it to a Bézier curve so it can be read by Processing.

• I have just tested Bezier curves in Inkscape, and, yes, they can be read by Processing.... I will try to do what I want to do with Bezier lines.

Thanks for the information !

Joan