Where does the file have to be for the GSVideo pipeline?

edited August 2014 in Library Questions

I am trying to load a video using GSPipeline, but specifying the absolute path of the file with datacaps "filesrc=video.avi" doesn't work. I don't know what I'm doing wrong here:

pipeline = new GSPipeline(this, "filesrc location=video.avi ! video/x-raw-yuv" , GSVideo.VIDEO);

Where is the pipeline command reading from? What directory is it trying to read from? Andres, somebody please help this is driving me crazy!

Answers

• Have you tried to give an absolute path? If the file is in the data folder, you can try something like:

pipeline = new GSPipeline(this, "filesrc location=" + dataPath("video.avi") + " ! video/x-raw-yuv" , GSVideo.VIDEO);

• pipeline = new GSPipeline(this, "filesrc location=" + dataPath("E:/Diatom/Diatom_1_5/movie/TremulousEnnuithisistheancientdiscipline.avi") + "! video/x-raw-yuv");

PhiLho, this technique does not work. Yes, that is the audio example provided in the GSVideo library, but everytime I run it I get an off-white colored screen, no movement, no sound, no nothing. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. There's no spaces in the absolute path either. Where are you Andres Colubri? I can't be the only one who is experiencing this issue.

• Mmm, you are mixing up things... Either you use dataPath() like I did, to get an absolute path to your file in the data folder, wherever it is. Or you give an absolute path directly, without using dataPath().

• Hi, wouldn't be better just to use the GSMovie object to load a movie file?

Anyways, this GSPipeline works (note the file uri):

import codeanticode.gsvideo.*;

GSPipeline pipeline;

void setup() {
      size(640, 480);
      //pipeline = new GSPipeline(this, "uridecodebin uri=http://docs.gstreamer.com/media/sintel_trailer-480p.webm ! queue ! videoscale ! video/x-raw-yuv,width=320,height=200 ! ffmpegcolorspace");
      pipeline = new GSPipeline(this, "uridecodebin uri=file://" + dataPath("station.mov") + " ! queue ! videoscale ! video/x-raw-yuv,width=320,height=200 ! ffmpegcolorspace");
      pipeline.play();
    }

void draw() {
      if (pipeline.available()) {
        pipeline.read();    
        image(pipeline, 0, 0, width, height);
      }
    } 

• Thank you, Andres. I will try that. The reason I want to use GSPipeline over GSMovie is that I read that displaying video in YUV with the data caps "video/x-raw-yuv" is faster than displaying it in RGB with GSMovie. I wanted to see if that was true, so I've been since trying to use pipelines.

• I tried using uridecodebin and playbin, but with no success. Whenever I run the sketch the screen within the frame is an off-white color and there is no sound. Does this sound familiar to anybody? I can't be the first one to be experiencing this...