Controlling Speed of Movie File

edited July 2014 in How To...

I am trying to control the speed of a movie file as it runs within the draw() routine. I am using the movie.speed() function but sometimes when I am changing the speed the movie stalls. This also happens with the example provided with processing. Anyone know how to fix this?

Since I couldn't get that to work I tried breaking my movie into still frames and loading 5000 images . Unfortunately I keep running out of memory which I don't understand because I have plenty of memory and have allocated plenty to Processing 2 GB. My image files are only 99 MB total. Why does loading 99 MB of images take way more memory that 99 MB?

Thanks for any advice on either of these questions. Jim

Tagged:

Answers

• My image files are only 99 MB total. Why does loading 99 MB of images take way more memory that 99 MB?

because your files are heavily compressed. internally they will be stored as 3 or 4 bytes per pixel.

• Ok that makes sense. Thank you. How do I release the memory after I am finished with an image? Also still wondering if there is a way to use movie.speed() without getting glitches in the playback.