SimpleOculusRift - Another Oculus Rift Lib

I just made a little Processing Library for the Oculus Rift. Somehow i did had troubles with the other rift libraries, so i quickly hacked this one(it's really a hack). The library only works for osx64,win64 and linux64. If you need another system then you have to compile it by yourself. Download the library from: https://github.com/xohm/SimpleOculusRift/releases/tag/0.20

You can get the sourcecode from here(use the branch glsl1.2, the master works with higher version of glsl, problems with mac): https://github.com/xohm/SimpleOculusRift

Screenshot

Hope this will be useful for someone...!

Tagged:

Comments

• I can't say how happy I am right now. I was working on a data visualization project on processing and I wanted to make it explorable with the rift, but all the library I found had some trouble, this one just works so well!

Thank you so much for sharing!

• Thanks so much for your effort!

You published your library just in time for us to use it in our five-day Oculus Rift workshop!

Have a look at our project in this discussion And keep sharing the great work :)

• edited May 2014

Some more screencaptures from our (wosorom & me) project:

Bildschirmfoto 2014-05-23 um 16.06.51

Bildschirmfoto 2014-05-23 um 16.07.17

Bildschirmfoto 2014-05-23 um 16.07.01

• Hi! I am working with this wrapper too. Thank you very much for creating it. One question I am trying to figure out how move the "camera" through scene (WSAD mode for example) is this possible?

Thanks

• How I can "change" the point of view of Oculus?

• @gerardsgs: of course you can move the camera, just move the hole scene(translate,rot before you draw the scene)

• edited July 2014

Thank you very much for this creating!! I want to express the afterimage like the below image on this wrapper. Can we?

Please show how to write the code.afterimage

Thanks

• hi many thanks for providing this. just tried to run it on my 64-bit windows 8.1 machine, but it says: OPENGL_VERSION: 4.0.0 - Build 10.18.10.3379 GLSL_VERSION: 4.00 - Build 10.18.10.3379 Can't load SimpleOculusRift library (SimpleOculusRift64.dll) : java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Users\ramin\Dropbox\Robots\Processing Sketches\libraries\SimpleOculusRift\library\SimpleOculusRift64.dll: Can't find dependent libraries Verify if you installed SimpleOculusRift correctly.

all my other libraries run correctly, any idea what's wrong?

• This is great! Many thanks! :D

• Hey does anyone know if I can get access to the head orientation with this lib? In the example comes with the lib- SimpleOculusRift_HitTest, there is a function headOrientationMatrix that returns a PMatrix3D but the values don't change at all to me.

• edited December 2014

Hello, I have a question about this library.

I want to receive Yaw Angle data from the Oculus Rift. But Even though i connected Oculus Rift to the computer, the code keeps saying he cannot detect the Oculus Rift. Do you know the reason? Please help me. Thank you

SimpleOculusRift Error: Oculus Rift ERROR: Oculus Rift not detected. this is the error.

• Are there any dk2 processing libraries in the works? Like many projects, dk2 seems to have broken tracking.

• Hi, I second that question ;)

• Hi! Great work! Any news regarding support for the DK2?

• I hacked together an example how to make this library work with the DK2 https://github.com/Stefterv/SimpleOculusRift

• Hey Steff0o, could you please just describe shortly, how to get the DK2 example going...? I got the SimpleOculusRift library https://github.com/xohm/SimpleOculusRift/releases/tag/0.20 maxXoh mentioned, installed.

I just dont know how to handle all the files in your zip

• and in addition... everytime i try to run the SimpleOculusRift_HitTest.pde i get this error:

SimpleOculusRift Error: Oculus Rift ERROR: Oculus HMD Display detected; Sensor not detected.

would you say that might be because of the library or is my hardware setup incorrect... ?

i got a win 10 (64) and use the oculu rift dk2... processing 2.2.1

thanks in advance...! :)