Making a live Equalizer Level graphic for a MIDI Controller - Novation Launchpad

Sorry if this is the wrong Category, I'm new here. I want to make my midi controller visually show live equalizer bars going across just like this video: http://createdigitalmusic.com/2011/09/random-fun-novation-launchpad-as-live-eq-display-built-in-processing/

However, I don't want to completely learn how to code using Processing just to do one thing. I have looked around the internet and not found anything relevant. If anyone could send me a link or show me the process of what I need to do, it would be a great help. Any help is appreciated! Thanks ahead of time!

Answers

• Try this example I found...

/**
      * This sketch demonstrates how to use the averaging abilities of the FFT. <br />
      * Logarithmically spaced averages (i.e. averages that are grouped by octave) are requested 
      * by specifying the band width of the smallest octave and how many bands to split each 
      * octave into. The result is averages that more closely map to how humans perceive sound.
      * <p>
      * For more information about Minim and additional features, visit http://code.compartmental.net/minim/
      */

import ddf.minim.analysis.*;
    import ddf.minim.*;

Minim minim;
    AudioPlayer jingle;
    FFT fft;

void setup()
    {
      size(600, 600, P3D);

minim = new Minim(this);
      jingle = minim.loadFile("leftAlone.mp3", 2048);
      // loop the file
      jingle.loop();
      // create an FFT object that has a time-domain buffer the same size as jingle's sample buffer
      // note that this needs to be a power of two 
      // and that it means the size of the spectrum will be 1024. 
      // see the online tutorial for more info.
      fft = new FFT(jingle.bufferSize(), jingle.sampleRate());
      // calculate averages based on a miminum octave width of 22 Hz
      // split each octave into three bands
      fft.logAverages(22, 3);
      rectMode(CORNERS);
    }

void draw() {
     background(0);
      fill(random(255), random(0), random(0));
      // perform a forward FFT on the samples in jingle's mix buffer
      // note that if jingle were a MONO file, this would be the same as using jingle.left or jingle.right
      fft.forward(jingle.mix);
      // avgWidth() returns the number of frequency bands each average represents
      // we'll use it as the width of our rectangles
      int w = int(width/fft.avgSize());
      for(int i = 0; i < fft.avgSize(); i++)
      {
        // draw a rectangle for each average, multiply the value by 5 so we can see it better
       rect(i*w, height, i*w + w, height - fft.getAvg(i)*3);
        //ellipse(i*w, height, i*w + w, height - fft.getAvg(i)*1);
      }
    }