Turn camera when using P3D?

edited April 2018 in Library Questions

I made a simple 3D project to see what it could do. I wanted to make a first-person sort of perspective. You can walk around but you are always looking in one direction. What do I have to do to get the person to turn? Thanks.

import vsync.*; import processing.sound.*; float x; float y; float z; int w,a,s,d = 0; void setup(){ size(displayWidth,displayHeight,P3D); background(0); fill(0); stroke(255); strokeWeight(5); x = width/2; y = height/2; z = height/1.5; } void draw(){ background(0); render(); println(z); control(); } void keyPressed(){ if(key == 'w'){ w = 1; } if(key == 'a'){ a = 1; } if(key == 's'){ s = 1; } if(key == 'd'){ d = 1; } } void keyReleased(){ if(key == 'w'){ w = 0; } if(key == 'a'){ a = 0; } if(key == 's'){ s = 0; } if(key == 'd'){ d = 0; } } void control(){ if(w == 1){ z += 5; } if(a == 1){ x += 5; } if(s == 1){ z -= 5; } if(d == 1){ x -= 5; } } void render(){ translate(x,y,z); box(40); translate(40,0,0); box(40); }

Tagged:

Answers

• Have you looked at the qeasycam library?

Failing that, the camera() method has 9 variables which define where you are and where you are looking.

• So I tried the PeasyCam and it didn't work how I wanted it to but, with the camera() method what would I do to get the camera to basically be placed in the x,y,z variables positions while looking forward as it was without the camera()?

• Answer ✓

QueasyCam, not Peasycam. Two different things.

I can't parse your question. With the camera without the camera?

The first three parameters are position, the next three are where you are looking. So if you are at x, y, z looking along the +ve x axis then the next three would be x + 100, y, z (the 100 is just a guess, depends on your scene). They last three are typically 0, 1, 0... y is up.

• ah, QueasyCam worked thanks!