Root access on processing?

Hi ! I'm searching a way to grant root access for my processing app (to write on system file). Is it possible?

Answers

• What is root access? What do you mean with writing on a system file? More details....

Kf

• Thanks for your quick reply ! With root access I mean write/read on a system file (ex : /efs/wifi/.mac.info). I've tried the code that @Lord_of_the_Galaxy gave but It's obviously not a processing code and does not work with it (probably need some import or code modification that I've absolutely no idea).

• Yeah, but it wasn't an actual answer. Just something you might want to look at.

• Yes it was very interesting but sadly I haven't actually the knowledge to adapt it for processing.

• @akenaton might be able to help you out

• edited February 2018

@wladimir===

never tried that; yet, looking to the linked code i think that it can work, at least for os<5; of course in order to get it running with p5 and android mode 3.XXX there are some changes to make (this code lauches a new activity...); of course also your phone has to be rooted before...Before lolypop 5.0 there was a special permission to declare in the manifest (android.permission.ACCESS_SUPERUSER); now this is deprecated and i dont know if there is a new (dangerous!)"permission" to declare; probably no...