Move view on touch

edited January 2018 in Android Mode

Is there any inputmethodmanager to go to the next screen (featuring the main app) when a button named NEXT is touched on the first welcome page? Thanks.

Answers

• @sonia===

i dont understand why do you want a keyboard to do that ???

• Sorry, my mistake. What I wanted to ask was this: For a welcome page with a NEXT button, the touch event on the button leading to allowing record audio permission and then to the app, should I use a Motion event like this: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/23120807/android-move-view-on-touch-event and use it in my main sketch? How does that work? Pl let me know. Thanks.

• ... Are you using Processing to do this?

• Answer ✓

@sonia=== There are many ways to do that; standard: with android "native" you create a button and add to it onClickListener(); you can also use some view (imageView, textView...) and add onTouchEvent, though i think it is useless in your case because you are only interested by ActionUp, so you can also use the onMouseReleased from P5 with a boolean.

• Thanks, will try that.

• Android native looked very scary. To top it, whichever imports I made were never enough. The R.layout. never got resolved with all imports including activity or relative layout imports etc. So, I took a shortcut and used requestPermission() and hasPermission(), and then used a splash screen in draw() with a timer. That seems to work. How will it display in different devices is yet to be seen while alpha testing. Thanks anyway. Happy new year !

• Answer ✓

@sonia===

R. has not to be imported: it s a file created by android on runtime with all _R_esources (layouts, views...) which are used and the Ids which were attributed to them...