Exporting issue with Processing 2.2.1 and controlP5 2.0.4 library

edited August 2017 in Library Questions

Hi all, I'm newbie with Processing, but I've a little skill in programming, I've mod an existing sketch project. All run Ok in IDE environment. After exporting for windows all folders seems correctly populated and the "data" folder has the .png file I use. but when I double click on the hud_gui.exe file nothing happen.

Note: my os is Windows 10 64bit

I searched on web and I found a tip in order to receive the diagnostic as follows:

Terminal command:

c:............\HUD_GUI\application.windows64> java -cp lib* HUD_GUI

Terminal reply:

ControlP5 2.0.4 infos, comments, questions at http://www.sojamo.de/libraries/controlP5
Exception in thread "Animation Thread" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: jssc.SerialNativeInterface.getSerialPortNames()[Ljava/lang/String;
        at jssc.SerialNativeInterface.getSerialPortNames(Native Method)
        at jssc.SerialPortList.getWindowsPortNames(SerialPortList.java:309)
        at jssc.SerialPortList.getPortNames(SerialPortList.java:298)
        at jssc.SerialPortList.getPortNames(SerialPortList.java:182)
        at processing.serial.Serial.list(Unknown Source)
        at HUD_GUI.setup(HUD_GUI.java:624)
        at processing.core.PApplet.handleDraw(PApplet.java:2361)
        at processing.core.PGraphicsJava2D.requestDraw(PGraphicsJava2D.java:240)
        at processing.core.PApplet.run(PApplet.java:2256)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Please someone help me to explain what is wrong. Thanks in advance Carlo

Answers

• No one can help me? I can say that with Processing 1.5.1 and related controlP5 the exported application run Ok but after added the "data" folder into the exported application folder. Thanks

• edited August 2017

I'm not a CP5 expert and don't have any insight into the error message, but this might hard for even the CP5 author to debug without some example code to test.

Can you create a shareable simplified version of your sketch that exhibits the same export error? That might help narrow it down.

• Do wildcards work in -cp arguments? Try listing the libraries explicitly, with the correct separator (it's : on Linux, I think it's different on Windows)

• edited August 2017

Thanks for the reply, I just cp5 cited for knowledge, I do not know if the problem is due to this. To be honest, I think it's due to a lack of some file, could it be serial comm library? If I remember well, all this was exported and run well with Windos 7. Bye