How to create a random number over and over

edited August 2017 in Python Mode

I set up a random number generator in the SETUP function, but that means it is only picking one random number. How do I get it to pick a second and a third random number etc. When I put the RANDOM in DRAW, it very quickly picked random numbers (forever in a loop). What I am trying to accomplish is getting an ellipse to move from one side of the screen to the other, each time starting at a different "y" position. So if the first time it starts at y=30, x=0 and the ellipse moves from one side of the screen to the other, the next time it will pick a different random number (example y=100, x=0) and start at 0 and move from one side of the screen to the other etc.

Answers

• Again, nevermind. I figured it out. I had to put the random number in an conditional so that it would only pick the new random number once it reached the edge.

• If you want the ellipse to go from one side to the other sequentially, without choosing a random position behind itself you should use a loop. Can you post your code so I can try to understand more clearly what you are trying to accomplish.

• Rather than just using words, a code sample would help out a lot! :-\"

• I am wondering if a moderator would take all of my posts and combine it into one project post since this all deals with the same project, just with different parts?

• Answer ✓

Solved elsewhere.