Are there any phone emulator codes for P5JS?

edited June 2017 in p5.js

I want to make a phone simulator game but I'm looking for some emulators, please help.

Answers

• You don't need an emulator to run p5.js apps on a phone -- they run in any mobile web browser.

If you want to make a native Android app, you can also use Processing Android mode.

If you have other questions please provide more details about what you want your phone game to do -- what kind of game, if it should run as a native app on which kind of phones, etc.

• I do not want that, I want to CODE a phone simulator.

• So you want to make a browser-based game and that game is a simulation of a cellphone? Like, the game lets you send text messages, or check emails, or play Angry Birds? You need to be more specific.

• yes. Basically a code of a phone so i can make a phone simulator, like you said a browser-based game.

• Do you have any codes?

• edited June 2017

I am not aware of JavaScript libraries that let you emulate a full phone in the web browser.

A mobile smartphone is a computer. What about it do you want to emulate? Do you want to emulate Android or iOS? How will this be a game -- what will the player be doing? Are they playing a game and the whole game looks like a phone, or are they playing a game inside an app inside the phone? In the second case you could just use Android mode for Processing.

Be. More. Specific!

https://www.google.com/search?q=javascript+phone+emulator

• Basically an iphone emulator/simulator like email(not real one, fake), simple games, etc. Passcodes, youtube. Etc.

• edited July 2017

@crashpotato -- no, I've personally never heard of anything like this in any language or for any platform. I'm not sure how a general purpose emulator for fake email would even work!

If you need to write a fake email program you would probably need to make a bunch of decisions about how it would be fake and then implement it yourself. There are many examples of fake email in game apps -- Uplink, Async, Pony Island, Digital: A Love Story.... Giant Bomb has a list of 90+ games that do this, but I don't think any of them use a shared framework.

An example of the kind of game you might be interested in making is "A Normal Lost Phone." It is also (I believe) totally custom -- it isn't based on a specific phone platform emulator.