Impossible to compile the sketch

edited November 2013 in Android Mode

I don't succeed to compile my sketch in Android mode. The following text appears in the console:

C:\Documents and Settings\XXXXXXXXX\Local Settings\Application Data\Android\android-sdk\tools\ant\build.xml:720: The following error occurred while executing this line: C:\Documents and Settings\XXXXXXXXX\Local Settings\Application Data\Android\android-sdk\tools\ant\build.xml:734: Error running javac.exe compiler

I have updated the SDK with Android SDK Manager till API 19; the Android SDK tools version is 22.3. Has somebody an idea?

Answers

• I created a list of potential problems on the old forum. I haven't seen your particular error myself, although there was a similar post not too long ago... perhaps there is a new issue with either Processing 2.1 or an update to the Android SDK.

What operating system are you on? What version of Processing are you using? More information can help us narrow down the problem...

• edited November 2013

I am also having the same problem across multiple machines and OS'. Right now i am having the issue on Mac OSX 10.9 and Windows 7 64bit.

BUILD FAILED /Users/me/Desktop/androidsdkmacosx/tools/ant/build.xml:720: The following error occurred while executing this line: /Users/me/Desktop/androidsdkmacosx/tools/ant/build.xml:734: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.

• edited November 2013

Thank you Calsign. The problem is now fixed using your recommendation on environment variables

• ArSkigner, could you relay what you did to fix the problem?

• I'm having the exact same problem as Gravebond and ArSkigner ( ... build.xml:720 & 734 errors), and I was also hoping that you could share with us the solution, ArSkigner? Thanks.

• Here's my error message

for Mac OSX 10.7.5 / Processing version 2.1

while following a android tutorial from http://processing.org/tutorials/android/

BUILD FAILED /Applications/Android/Android_SDK/tools/ant/build.xml:720: The following error occurred while executing this line: /Applications/Android/Android_SDK/tools/ant/build.xml:734: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.

• I have added JAVA_HOME to the environmental variables and I am still unable to get any sketch to run.

• Processing version 2.1 and Android SDK 22.3 on Windows vista and on Windows 7.

Error is (always): BUILD FAILED C:...\Android\android-sdk\tools\ant\build.xml:720: The following error occurred while executing this line: C:...\Android\android-sdk\tools\ant\build.xml:734: Error running javac.exe compiler

I try to add environnement variables too. And try some others... always the same error.

is that someone can help us ? Thank's

• This might be a new combination of Processing 2.1 and (maybe) a newer Android SDK. I have seen this similar problem in several other threads...

See this thread for @codeanticode's solution.