Connect 2 computers, Most Pixels Ever

edited December 2014 in Library Questions

Hey everyone! Do you have any experience with Shiffman's library "Most Pixels Ever"? If so, could you help me? I've run the examples in one computer, but when I try it with two the second one can't connect to the server. I have a few questions that i think will lead me to correct the problem. Do I need to initialize the server in both, via cmd? (I understood that i only needed a "master" running the server) and also, how do I need to connect both computers? my current set up is one connected via wireless and other via usb cable. Thank you!

Answers

• edited December 2014 Answer ✓

Explaining how to correctly set up some machine to become server-ready is complicated stuff.
    Laziest path is simply activate router's DMZ to that server machine's LAN IP! *-:)

• I don't really know how to that but i'll google it and I'll try it. Thank you. The thing is that in the tutorials he doesn't say anything about having to configure the pcs anyway.

• edited December 2014

DMZ option isn't in our PCs. We should look for it in the router's config page! Good luck! %%-
    After setting up DMZ to a machine's LAN IP, you should also configure router's DHCP to always assign that same IP to that machine's MAC address.

• edited December 2014

I think I did all that: changed the DMZ host to the IP of the computer who is supposed to connect to the server and I checked the DHCP in router settings and it has pre defined MAC addresses. (is this right?) Still doesn't run.

• edited December 2014

... of the computer who is supposed to connect to the server...

That setup is for a server computer! Client computers don't need that! :-\"

• You will run the sketch on both hosts, but only one host will be running the MPE server app (think of the server app as the "timer" app - it just syncs up the timing of your sketches). You should be working strictly with IP addresses or resolvable hostnames, so the MAC address would be irrelevant. If both hosts are on the same network, the DMZ is also irrelevant. Just plop the IP/hostname of the server in your Settings XML files and you should be good to go.

If you're still stuck, post both your Settings XML files (you should have one for each host).