Processing 2.1 - Shortcut for comments not working

edited November 2013 in Using Processing

Hi!

After installing the new Processing version 2.1 I recognized that (on Mac OSX 10.8.5) the keyboard shortcuts for comment/uncomment are not working anymore. I see the "edit" menu highlighted when hitting the keys but no comments appear on the code. Manual assignment of comments via the menu does work though.

It did work in 2.0.3 so I'm curious if I'm just missing something or someone has the same issue? I'm using this shortcut frequently and it would be sad to not have it anymore.

Answers

• Answer ✓

Ah, it is funny, I never noticed these shortcuts... Or these functions!

The shortcuts cannot work on a French (AZERTY) keyboard anyway, the / can be accessed only with Shift, and the [ and ] (indent / deindent) keys are reached only with the AltGr key.

When I want to comment out a section of code (rather rare), I just add a /* at one end, and a */ at the other end.

• Jep, on QWERTZ I can also only access it with Shift. But the thing is that it SEEMS to work but has no effect, all other shortcuts work. I find the manual typing of comments sometimes too slow and it's more convenient for me to use the shortcut, in fact I still use the older version of Processing only because of that. :D

• Answer ✓

Even with Shift, these shortcuts don't work for me, even in 1.5.1.

I also notice the menus has no accelerator (these underlined letters, on Windows at least, that allows to navigate the menus with the keyboard).

Anyway, for better visibility and traceability, I suggest to search if this issue is known on GitHub, and if not, to open a new bug report.

• Thanks for the suggestion, here's the report: https://github.com/processing/processing/issues/2199

It's strange that your shortcuts didn't even work in 1.5.1! I'd really appreciate a config file to remap keyboard shortcuts for later versions of Processing.

• Problem has been (kind of) solved! – Check out the GitHub thread above.