Application exported doesn't work. The application runs but it doesn't show anything. Why?

edited November 2014 in Using Processing

Hi everyone! I hope someone can help me here. I'm trying to run my exported application. It runs but doesn't show anything. Why?

I'm using: Win7 Professional SP1 32 bits, Processing 2.2.1 and Java 8.

The link to the code is below! I'm sorry, I looked for code quote but I didn't find it so I prefered post the code through sourcepod site: http://www.sourcepod.com/icnhpk63-61863

Answers

• Your program crashes if it can't find the com port so the draw method never gets called.

Change the setup method to this, then myPort will be null if it can't find the port and you can always test this later in your sketch to confirm whether the port is open or not.

void setup() {
      size(800, 800, P3D);

try {
        myPort = null;
        myPort = new Serial(this, "COM5", 9600); 
        myPort.bufferUntil('\n');
      }
      catch(Exception e) {
        e.printStackTrace();
      }
      f = createFont("Arial", 16, true);
    }

• BTW Just tried exporting it for OSX and my modified code worked in that it displayed the screen even though it couldn't find the com port

• I still having the same problem...

But I've gotten the same errors (since before make this change), they are:

Framebuffer error (framebuffer unsupported), rendering will probably not work as expected Read http://wiki.processing.org/w/OpenGL_Issues for help. OpenGL error 1280 at bot beginDraw(): invalid enumerant OpenGL error 1286 at bot beginDraw(): invalid framebuffer operation OpenGL error 1286 at top endDraw(): invalid framebuffer operation

I don't have a video board, I've a onboard Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family. But however, I guess it's not the way to fix the main problem...

• I just upgrade to 3.0a5 version, now I got it! Now it works... Quark, thank you for the advice...

• "I looked for code quote but I didn't find it"
    Have you looked at the sticky on top of this forum? Processing forum rules and advices