Need ideas to represent our project (Face expressions)

edited November 2014 in How To...

Hi, I am a high school senior and have very little experience using Processing. One of our projects in coding class is creating a program that represents a topic we are researching.

I am researching Micro-expressions (Micro-expressions are flashes of emotions across a person’s face that just last a fraction of a second) My partner and I do not know what to create that answers our essential question: Why is it important to learn about micro-expressions? We thought it would be a good idea to create an interactive program with an audience we will have in a couple of weeks. We tried the face tracking for starters but we can't get it to work. I was wondering if you can help us find a new way to represent our idea or a good source to succeed on our first idea. We truly appreciate your help!

Tagged:

Answers

• Answer ✓

Hello !

Face-tracking suppose a very intensive work for the CPU and I think (but I may be wrong) that the faceTracking from OpenCV is not fast enough for what you want to do (it also depends on your computer...)

Instead, you should use KinectV2 (200$) , it allow multiple faceTracking in real time and detect automatically the changes in face expression. A working example of faceTracking for KinectV2 is given with this lib, you have nothing to do, it's all done.

https://github.com/ThomasLengeling/KinectPV2

Good luck

• Thank you so much for your response! I will be using an Apple desktop to display my work. Will Kinect 360 still work with the same code?

• Actually no.... Kinect only runs on Windows 8 (and with usb 3.0 )

• Thank you for your response !!