Can't run Proccessing on Windows.

edited November 2014 in Using Processing

Hi! I'm totally new to Proccessing, and I would like to start learning it, but can't get it to start on my Windows PC. Here are the step's I've made to get the error and a screenshot with the error message. 1) I have downloaded the .zip file containing the packadge from the official download page (https://www.processing.org/download/) 2) I've unzipped it to a folder on my desktop 3) Tried running the "proccessing.exe" in the folder and the following error message appeared on my screen "An error occured while starting the application - Access denied" Screenshot_1

I've unchecked the "read only" setting on the folder and granted full access to all files and folders in Proccessing's folder, I've also tried the "Run as administrator" command in Windows Explorer's context menu. But all to no avail. I'v also tried searching for the issue in Google but didn't find any help.

Would someone please help me, or give some suggestions how to solve the problem please!

*PS I'm on Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit version / Intel i5 @ 3.4 GHz

Tagged:

Answers

• You say your Windows is 32 bits. Make sure you've downloaded Processing for 32 bits!
    Unpack the ".zip" away from drive C:/. For example, use your D:/ (data) partition!
    Good luck! %%-

• Answer ✓

Processing needs a network access, ensure your firewall doesn't block it.

• edited November 2014

It was a firewall issue! Granted acces to Proccessing to use the network and to access Java, now it runs perfectly! - Strange through because my firewall (COMODO) asks for permission after runing any installed application on the first time, but in this case it did not! Now it works anyway, so there's no stop to start learning! Thanks for your time! =D>

• FYI / FTR, the network access is used by the PDE to communicate with running sketches (independent processes), eg. to ask them to stop, or to record console information.
    Processing also checks (AFAIK) for new versions on Internet, but I hope that no Internet access doesn't prevent running sketches!