How to make the UI bigger on a high resolution laptop

Hello, I have just bought a new laptop and when I opened up processing for the first time the top menu interface is very small. is there any way to fix this, I know this is a common problem with higher than HD displays

Laptop info:

Dell XPS 15 9530

3200x1800 display

windows 8.1

64bit processing

Tagged:

Answers

• can't you tell win to use bigger fonts?

• You can, but it only affects certain UI elements. It comes down to how the program was designed. It can mean an entire rewriting of a programs code to get things to scale properly. I wasnt sure if there was a workaround for processing though.

• In the preferences.txt file, there are some properties to change the font, IIRC. Might be worth a try.

• I checked but only saw options for the editor and console text size, like in the options in the program. Thanks though!

• Were you ever able to resolve this issue? I'm having a similar experience on a surface pro with the resolution of ~3000x2000.

• Hi I have the same problem (on my surface book). I can only change the text sizes of the editor and the console. But it's still a problem to view the options, libraries, etc :(

• edited March 2017

I found solution. Go into Processing folder and go to subfolder lib (on linux: .../processing-3.3/lib; probably same on OS X and Windows) and open file theme.txt in text editor. There you can change fonts, colors etc. PS: Read comments in the file, that way you will find what you want to change. PS2: Not the whole solution. I realized that changes in that file change everything except font size in menus :( Will post if I find out this part.