Visual Studio C++ 2010 express problems

edited October 2014 in General Discussion

Stack overflow does not help with anything. So, I came here. Please can someone help, I'm totally frustrated. I've been trying to solve this problem since this morning and I have not been going anywhere! When I put my code in and press F5, the debugger, it says file is put of date, and when I click yes, so it can build anyway I get more error messages! Nothing works! Even the simple hello world code doesn't work? Anyone an expert at this? By the way I'm using a windows xp.

Answers

• Please do not post questions about Visual Studio and C++ here, this forum is for Processing and Java and the vast majority of members will have no experience with VS.

• But quark... Oh all right. What the bloody hell do I think I'm doing asking c++ on a java website. Shame on me. But I need heeeeeeeeeelp!

• Btw, do you have an experience with vs? If so, heeeeeeeeelllllpppp! Please.

• edited October 2014

Dude, get a clue. Quark is a nice guy in asking you politely to take your problems to a VS relevant forum. So what do you do, ignore him and post them anyway. If I were a moderator and you ignored me like that, I'd just ban you and be done with it.

• Hey, Sirius, I'm sorry okay, please, don't ban me. That would affect me and my life, my family. Please don't ban me, I'm super sorry, won't happen again, please I'm sorry, please don't do that, you are a better person than that, you won't ban me for a mistake... Please please please please PLEASE! please don't ban Me. I'm sorry!!! Sorry quark I'll buy you something when I stop in uk. But pleheheheese don't ban me. Please, please don't. Please. Promise you won't? You promise? Please don't ban me,

• edited October 2014

@TechWizz777, you didn't do anything near ban-worthy here! Please calm down! I-)
    This is a "General Discussion" topic after all. The only catch is that you probably won't find folks willing to help ya about C++ or OpenFrameworks here! L-)

BtW, you've said that you had settled w/ Code::Blocks from your previous thread:
    http://forum.processing.org/two/discussion/7515/is-there-an-openframeworks-for-windows-xp

Then, why are you insisting w/ MS's Visual Studio, which is more suited for .Net Framework languages?! :O)

• You are right go to loop, I did say code blocks. But Sirius said he would ban me:

"If I were a moderator and you ignored me like that, I'd just ban you and be done with it."

Why! Why doesn't he like me? What have I done wrong?

• If I were... I'd...

He isn't a moderator! =))

• Scary either way. Please don't promote him to moderator GotoLoop, please?

• Next time I have a medical problem I will ask my lawyer for advice. With a bit of luck he might have done a first aid course. :D

• edited October 2014

"Visual Studio, which is more suited for .Net Framework languages?!"
    I used it way before .NET was invented, and it is still good to compile and debug pure C or C++ code...

"I get more error messages!"
    Wow, that's informative... The description of your problem is quite vague, and even VS experts would have trouble to help you, there...

• "even VS experts would have trouble to help you, there..."

Thought they were called experts for a reason. Ha ha, okay that wasn't funny. Anyways, you can close this question because no one is going to answer my question. :)