INSTALL_FAILED_OLDER_SDK

edited September 2014 in Android Mode

Have galaxy grand. Android 4.2.2API 17. I have SDK 17,18,19Screenshot 2014-09-20 13.40.57 Please do help :)

Thanks, Varun

Tagged:

Answers

• @Koogs. It is showing to solve it using Eclipse.. my projects work through eclipse well and good cz i get a choice to set the Target SDK. But how to do the same using Processing?

• iScreenshot 2014-09-21 11.00.51 i even tried changing the targetSDK. It just wont start in my phone, my phone application closes like its about to install but i just get that error on screen

• You have set the API level correctly for your device... however, Processing forces sketches to use a hard-coded target and minimum API level (not the best idea IMHO, but it tends to prevent problems like these), so changing the value in the manifest won't do anything.

In the official distribution, this value is API level 10 (Android 2.3.3), but it looks like @sojamo is providing a customized distribution for users that can't install Android mode. The problem is that his distribution changes this hard-coded value to 19, which is too high for older devices:

...my built-from-source AndroidMode files which uses API level 19...

You can confirm the target API level by looking back in the console output (as I cross my fingers...):

-pre-build:

-build-setup:
         [echo] Resolving Build Target for [sketch name]...
    Project Target:   Android 2.3.3
    API level:        10                                   <----- this here
         [echo] ----------

There is another solution proposed by @bombarie that requires building Android mode from source, but without modifications, so this approach should work.

I know you are using some iteration of the recommendations on the aforementioned thread because of this comment, but I don't know which.

Neither of these solutions appears to be ideal. A better solution would be to provide a version that sets the minimum API level to 10 and the target API level to 19 - or, even better, allowing the user to change these values! (There are some libraries which require a minimum API level in addition to a target API level, so both values would have to be configurable...)

Maybe someone nice (me?) can provide their own distribution with improved customizations... if this all proves to be true.

<shameless self promotion>

I tried to get the API levels right the first time with APDE by allowing the user to change both of these values...

</shameless self promotion>