Where/are old processing versions avaliable?

edited September 2014 in General Discussion

I'm trying to run some processing sketches that have to run fast, but every newer version of processing runs slower (1.5.1 runs faster than 2.0, 2.0 faster than 2.2). I'm using 1.5.1, and have found a download for as far back as 1.2.1, but can't seem to find anything below 1.0, or even between 1.0 and 1.2. I don't need any of the new features beyond basic java functions (program flow, math, classes), but would like to stick with the basic processing interface, since it's easier than moving to command-line compile and run. Is there a repository of old versions below 1.2, and if not, does anyone here have the full windows versions farther back?

Answers

• Here's 1.0.9 (the last, and presumably stablest, 1.0.x release). The Windows download seems to work. If you want to go back even further, the Wayback Machine lets you do that...

However, I wouldn't blame newer versions of Processing for poor performance - more likely, you are misusing the API that has changed. There's a pretty good chance that someone could help you optimize your code (cough cough, @GoToLoop).