processing gui based on udp

edited August 2014 in Arduino

i have made a guy on processing based on controlp5 and udp . it sends data to arduino and i receive the data sent on serial port of arduino . the data sent bak to the guy from arduino is only received when i send some data to arduino again what should i do? the data is in string form. need help asap

Answers

• I have moved this to the arduino forum.

• pl send the link

• No link - meant arduino category :\">

• I suppose the guy is actually a GUI...

And well, I know nothing about Arduino, but perhaps showing your code can help those more knowledgeable.

• edited August 2014

you wrote:

the data sent back to the GUI from arduino is only received when i send some data to arduino again - what should i do?

yeah... a work around would be to do just that: send some data to arduino again. Send a specific String like "DummyJustToTriggerArduino".

On the Arduino program a few lines that catch the specific String "DummyJustToTriggerArduino" and ignore it...

But please post your codes...

Chrisir ;-)

• the suggestion is fine but. the receiving device cannot handle dummy strings. Request to have other suggestion.

• is there any way to attach the sketch?

• Ask on the arduino portal your problem

;-)

• i suppose the problem is with the processing sketch. the data received is converted to string and then displayed on the GUI with through void draw and then then text . the received data is not displayed instantaneously instead when i send something through GUI it shows the data. it think it is not able to refresh on its own . is there any way to do it .