Video not loading

I've got this code to display a video but every time I run the code it says ,'Could not load movie file 0001-0100.mov' Does anyone know how I fix this? It's a quicktime video in H.264

import processing.video.*;
Movie myMovie;

void setup(){
 size(400,400); 
 myMovie = new Movie(this, "0001-0100.mov");
 myMovie.noLoop();
}

void draw(){
   image(myMovie,mouseX,mouseY);
}

void movieEvent(Movie m) {
  m.read();
}

Thanks

Answers

• where is you movie? needs to be in a data subdirectory

• It's in the folder that is created when I saved it (the sketch). The only 2 files in there are the video and .pde file.

Thanks for your reply! :)

• the reference for Movie() says that it, like any images etc, should be in a subdirectory of the sketch folder called 'data'

• Thanks for that! It works when I use myMovie.loop(); but not when I use noLoop(); Am I doing something else wrong now? Thank you :)

• when you say noLoop() do you mean myMovie.noLoop()?

because processing also has it's own noLoop() which stops the draw() loop from running. which would make it look like it wasn't working.

http://processing.org/reference/noLoop_.html

• Thanks I used myMovie.noLoop() Thanks for you help so far :)

• edited October 2013 Answer ✓

When you reports "it doesn't work", try to be more explicit:

• Do you have error messages? If so, report them.
    • Is it not behaving as expected? Tell what you expect, and what it does.

In a different environment, without your movie, etc., it is hard to reproduce issues, so the more information, the more we can help.

Moreover, what do you expect when you do noLoop()? It stops the movie (before it even starts!), so you cannot get an image from it. Perhaps you want to loop(), then to stop after the first image has been displayed.