AnroidManifest.xml Keeps being rewritten

edited October 2013 in Android Mode

Hello I am trying to add buttons into my program by making buttons through the manifest. Unfortunately, whenever I run the code the manifest gets overwritten and I end up with the original one:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" 
          package="" 
          android:versionCode="1" 
          android:versionName="1.0">
  <uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="10" />
  <application android:label=""
               android:icon="@drawable/icon"
               android:debuggable="true">
    <activity android:name="">
      <intent-filter>
        <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
        <category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />
      </intent-filter>
    </activity>
  </application>
</manifest>

This happens when I make any changes. Even when I change the minsdkversion from 10 to 8. How can I stop this? Thanks

Answers

• Answer ✓

you may not stop that. all is auto to keep update with your project changed.

• I didn't realize the the manifest was overwritten with each build... is this new functionality in 2.1? The Android mode-specific permissions selector relies entirely on the manifest for storing its data (right?)... so rewriting the manifest with each build would completely break that functionality. I've definitely modified the manifest before. Something here doesn't add up...

• Hey guys, thanks for the response. I believe the issue was I was working on the wrong xml file. Although, I still can't get he buttons to show up.

• I see your problem now. You are trying to add native Android buttons to a Processing sketch. That's a big NO, comparable to trying to add Swing components to a desktop sketch. Although this might be possible if you were integrating your Processing sketch into a larger project (in Eclipse), this should definitely not be attempted in the PDE. Processing's pre-compiler is simply removing the elements that would probably crash your app upon launch! Instead, you need to create a custom Button in your sketch... there are already lots of examples of this.