General Emulator question

edited June 2014 in Android Mode

Hello, i try to build a first Android app using Processing. Building a simple project and deploy to real device, works ! But i can not run it in Emulator. My question. Should it be possible to emulate a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 (intel Atom x86) on a 32bit Linux (OpenSuse13.1) using SDK etc. and Processing ? recent error messages seems to be a permission or path problem (?)

-post-build:

debug: adb -s emulator-5566 install -r /tmp/android7882314764269976310sketch/bin/col_p002-debug.apk status: 1 231ms stdout: rm failed for /data/local/tmp/col_p002-debug.apk, No such file or directory stderr: failed to copy '/tmp/android7882314764269976310sketch/bin/col_p002-debug.apk' to '/data/local/tmp/col_p002-debug.apk': No such file or directory Shutting down any existing adb server...>

thx wally

Answers

• The emulator should work... but as a general rule, you should test on a device if you can. The emulator is incredibly slow (it can take a couple of minutes to start and it's slow to operate) and it lacks some features that you may want for testing (such as an accelerometer). A physical device, once set up properly, is much easier to test with and closer to the end user experience.

If you still want to get the emulator working (if you want to test when you don't have a device available, for example), then I / we can probably help you... but this is a new error message for me. Perhaps this StackOverflow question will be helpful.