firmata sketch to .exe gives broken .exe

edited June 2014 in Arduino

Hello, first time poster here. I hope this isn't some kind of common problem that I could have easily found somewhere on the web.. but basically I couldn't find it.

First of all, I only half know what I'm doing. I had never even heard of Processing until two days ago. I needed a way to control my Arduino from my PC. This seemed sort of the easiest way to do it. I've actually got my whole sketch all working. It sends data to the Arduino via this Firmata library (?). The only problem I'm having is how do I make this into a working .exe file? Export Application works, but the exe file just won't run. I've narrowed it down to this line of code:

arduino = new Arduino(this, "COM3", 57600);

As soon as that's in, the compiled exe doesn't work. Even the example sketch Aruduino (Firmata) - arduino_output doesn't work after it's compiled into a .exe

Any thoughts? I've tried Windows 64 and 32-bit versions of Processing.

Answers

• Answer ✓

I got it to work in the end. I'm pretty sure it had to do with it not being compiled with the 32 bit version. The files had a weird read only type deal on them when I tried to remake it with 32 bit.

• edited June 2014

Hello, i also have a project who cant be exported.

• Hello, i also have a project who cant be exported. My project is an irrigation system using arduino firmata and for processing controlP5 and serial communication. Everything is working fine but in the end i cant export the project in .exe (processing 221), in fact i cant export any other project with serial communication, i try it also the examples serial read and serial write from processing. The result is an exe file who is doing nothing. The other examples including some Ethernet projects can be exported very well. I use Windows 7, 64bit. Why I cant export a project with serial communication? Can someone help me please? Thank you in advance

Interfata SCADA, GUI, Arduino