Signing Android app made with processing

edited May 2014 in Android Mode

Hi,

I'm trying to sign an application that I just made with processing in order to be able to use it in my phone. I have exported the application using processing and I have created a suitable private key. Now I have to compile it using release mode in Eclipse, but I just don't know how to do it in the ADT. I mean, here

http://developer.android.com/tools/publishing/app-signing.html

it just says "To export an unsigned APK from Eclipse, right-click the project in the Package Explorer and select Android Tools > Export Unsigned Application Package. Then specify the file location for the unsigned APK.", but I don't know how to open the project in the Package Editor.

Answers

• When you exported the application from Processing, you created an Eclipse Android project. Move this project into your Eclipse workspace, restart Eclipse (or maybe just refresh the view?), and open the newly added project.

It is also possible to export a signed application from Eclipse, removing the need to use the command line entirely... or, going the other route, you could build and sign from the command line. I consider using Eclipse to be the easiest and have the least amount of room for error because it streamlines the process and suggests potential errors along the way, rather than waiting until the process has completed to inform you that you mis-typed your password.