Build Failed,what should i do ?

edited May 2014 in Android Mode

What should I do if like this? Untitled

Answers

• Answer ✓

Moved to Android Mode. For future reference, you should always copy / paste the code and / or the text from the console instead of taking a screenshot. It is very nearly impossible to decipher the problem without being able to run the code or see the full error output. This time, however, it seems that the problem may be simple...

The error output is fairly explicit: you need to install the Build Tools in the Android SDK Manager. You should be able to open the SDK Manager from the PDE menu (Android > Android SDK Manager). If something else is causing the problem, then please provide more information (such as the full error output...).

• I've installed build tools, but still like this ..

BUILD FAILED C: \ Program Files \ Android \ tools \ ant \ build.xml: 720: The following error Occurred while executing this line: C: \ Program Files \ Android \ tools \ ant \ build.xml: 734: Error running javac.exe compiler

Total time: 0 seconds

• That's a different error message, which (probably) means that you've made progress - and this error is a bit more common. You're on Windows, so you probably need to fix your System Path Variables so that they point to the Java Compiler. Follow these instructions (second bullet point under Build Problems), or these (same source as above but clearer), or these (perhaps more clarification).

• still can not, and I am confused by this step "You can edit the PATH variables by right-clicking on Computer> Properties> Change Properties> Advanced> Environment Variables." I could not find the "Change Properties"

• Okay, it looks like you need to click on "Change settings" instead. I'm not sure if they've changed this recently or if I was just careless when I originally made these instructions...