Using Processing to read text document

edited May 2014 in Arduino

Hello community,

I am new to the Processing language and I am currently trying to learn it to use it for my project in school.

Project Background: I am developing a motion platform for a flight simulator called X-Plane 10. This motion platform goal is to simulate the movement of the aircraft seat. I am using servo motors and an Arduino microcontroller to move the motion platform. I am using a plugin written in C++ to extract data from X-Plane 10. With these data, I wrote an equation inside the plugin to translate those extracted data into actual angles that can be used for the movement of the servo motor to move the motion platform.

Question: The question I have now is how can I use Processing to constantly read a text file? This text file is a text file that is created when an aircraft is moving in the X-Plane 10 software. It is constantly being updated while the aircraft is moving on the software. I want to use Processing to constantly read these data in the text file.

After achieving this, I plan on using the serial port code example that is already provided in Processing, to send my data to my Arduino microcontroller to drive the servo motors.

Thank you for your time to help me.

Answers